Monday 28 September 2015

Carrot Halwa - Easy Version




             Carrot Halwa is one of my favorite sweets. I still remember that day when I was in Bangalore my friends went and searched many places to find the Carrot Halwa and they could not find outL. Then after somedays we got the Halwa from one restraunt. That was not all that great but still I was happy that I got it. I love this halwa like anything.

So let see how to prepare Carrot Halwa. You can also prepare this easy sweet and enjoy.






Ingredients:
Carrot – 2 cups (grated)
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 10
Raisins – 2 tbsp
Milk – 3/4 cup
Preparartion:
Wash, peel the skin and grate the carrot finely.
Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in pressure cookware and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep separately.
In the same ghee add grated carrot and fry for 4-5 mins continuously.



Once the carrot color changes slightly, add in milk and pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
Once the pressure releases, open and keep the cooker on high flame and cook again.
Stir continuously till the milk get reduces completely.
Once the milk reduced completely and carrot become thick, adjust the flame to medium low, add sugar and keep stirring till you get a thick mixture.
Now add 1 tbsp of ghee and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously till it becomes thick.
Add fried cashew nuts, raisins, cardamom powder and mix well and cook for another few minutes.

Take the halwa in to a dry bowl
Now the delicious Carrot Halwa is ready to serve. I like to have this halwa with Ice cream.


Note:
Before adding cashew and raisins, you can add unsweetened koya and cook for few seconds. I didn’t add now since I don’t have in handy. Adding koya is optional.
You can replace sugar with condensed milk also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this page..Please leave yur valuable comments and feedback.