Wednesday 30 September 2015

Ellu Urundai | Sesame seeds Balls with jaggrey | Til Ladoo




          Ellu urundai is my hubby’s favorite one. I wanted to prepare this ladoo for him for long time. But I thought it is big process and tough and so I didn’t think to try. But after referring padhu’s blog, got to know this is so easy. I tried it immediately and it came out really well. He liked it very much. I am very happy that I have learnt our traditional sweet. Now I can prepare very often. This we can prepare for Ganesh Chathurti or for any festivals like Pongal. You just need 3 ingredients to make this.
Let’s see how to make this authentic ladoo.


Ingredients:
Sesame seeds – 1 cup
Ground nuts – ½ cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Method:
First wash the sesame seeds, spread it on kitchen towel and make it dry under sun on previous day.

In a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan, dry roast groundnuts till it color changes. Keep it separately.
Dry roast the sesame seeds till it starts splutter.
Wait it the sesame seeds and ground nut cool down.


Now take mixer jar, add ground nut and dry grind it coarsely. 
Add jaggrey in the same jar and grind coarsely.
Add sesame seed now to the mixer and grind it coarsely. Don’t grid to smooth paste. Just give 3 to 4 rounds till everything combined well. Transfer to a bowl.
As the Sesame seeds leave oil, any extra oil or ghee is not required to make ladoo.
Just start making balls and keep it in air tight container







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this page..Please leave yur valuable comments and feedback.